Sunday, April 3, 2022

It's Never Too Late to Apologize

I guess I should begin with an apology.  I'm sorry I've been away from blogging for so long.  I know that I have a few faithful followers who have wondered where I've been.  

I feel it's appropriate that the Sunday before this one we heard the story of the Prodigal Son.  I can relate.  I have not gone off to a faraway land to squander my inheritance.  Neither have I turned my back on God, but I have been away from something the Lord called me to a while ago: writing.  

The message that it's never too late to apologize came across loud and clear through the story of the Prodigal Son when the forgiving father welcomed him home with open arms.  I've been away from blogging for some time.  Truth be told, lately, I haven't even been reading as voraciously as I used to, but I've been reminded that doesn't mean I can't return to such callings and passions of mine.

I was rereading a few of my older blog entries, and it struck me anew that one of my vocations is still to write.  In recent months, I've written more personal cards, letters, and journal entries than anything else. 

A dear friend nudged me to get back to blogging.  She said she misses reading my posts.  If one person is encouraged by what they read here, then I figure on some level that I am serving God through my vocation of writing.  

Thanks for the nudge my dear glory bee friend.   
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...