Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Easter Sunday Festivities

My mom had us over for a family feast at her place.  Kevin and I arrived first and helped my mom polish off some of the hors d’oeuvres she’d prepared.  My youngest sister, her husband, and their 16-month-old little boy arrived soon after we sat down at the dining room table.  We had organic ham, mashed potatoes, green beans, and broccoli along with our traditional Pillsbury Crescent Rolls. We ended up with plenty of leftovers to take home, plus we got dessert to go: slices of key lime pie my mom got from Wegman’s bakery.

My sister “hid” some Easter eggs in the yard behind my mom’s apartment for my brother-in-law and youngest nephew to find and put in their baskets.  She made the egg hunt even more festive by putting music on and blowing bubbles with a wand.  The little man collected some eggs without much fanfare, but his eyes got big when he saw that inside the brightly colored eggs were blueberries and some of his other favorite snacks.  The slightly larger eggs held little toys for him to play with.  In one, there was a little train and, in another, a frog that squirts water.

When Kevin and I got home, we finished watching Part IV of the Jesus of Nazareth TV miniseries we had started watching earlier in the week.  We both thought they did a really good job of portraying much of Jesus’s life and ministry.  

We went to sleep that night feeling that we’d had a very full and meaningful Easter weekend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...