Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Nobody wants me

     At some point or another, most of us have felt this way and probably heard someone else express the same sentiments. A sense of rejection and being unloved cuts right to the core. I know I have felt this way at times over the years and have heard others express in one way or another that they’ve experienced such hurt as well.
     The poem below I’ve written contains just some of the nobody wants me sentiments I’ve heard and/or felt over the years. I’m sure there are many more you could add.


        A Litany of Nobody Wants…Me

Nobody wants to
                           play blocks with me
                           be my friend at school
                           sit next to me at lunch
Nobody wants to
                           listen to me
                           accept me for who I am
                           believe in me
Nobody wants to
                           ask me on a date
                           accept me into their college
                           hire me for a job
Nobody wants to
                           reach out to me, the homeless
                           feed me, the hungry
                           visit me, the imprisoned
Nobody wants to
                           stand up for me, the unborn
                           admit they’re wrong about me, the outcast
                           protect me from harm, the abused
                           forgive me, the condemned
Nobody wants to
                           care for me, the sick
                           be present with me, the suffering
                           take time for me, the elderly
                           remain with me, the dying

                          Nobody wants to love me.

     The Truth is that God loves us more than we can imagine. He waits for us to reach out to Him, embrace the forgiveness and mercy He offers. He blesses us in many ways and longs to express His love for us each day. What you do unto the least of these, you do unto me.
     Lord, grant us the grace of compassion for those who feel that nobody wants them. Give us the courage to reach out in love. Open our eyes to the anguish of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane, on the way to Golgotha, hanging on the Cross, seeing the rejection past, present, and future of ourselves and His beloved children as He allowed Himself to consume each and every “nobody wants me.” Open our hearts to Your unconditional love for us, so that it may make us whole and holy and flow into the lives of others.  Help us to hear Christ saying "nobody wants me," and through love and sacrifice show Him that's not true about us.  Amen.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...