Saturday, July 7, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday (Vol. 57)


-1-

Goodnight Nobody, Goodnight Mush My brain feels like it needs a break and it’s late, so I’ll make these quick and hopefully painless.           
-2-

Antimicrobial Underwear Kevin, our friend, and I didn’t know these special undergarments existed until said friend went shopping at Blue Ridge Sports before he left to go backpacking for a month in Europe.  I’m sorry, but I don’t think there should be a product on the market that would make a male of any age believe it is okay to go more than 24 hours without changing or washing his briefs or boxers.    

-3-

The Rooster Review I’ve put together the Central Virginia Cursillo Community newsletter called The Rooster Review more times than I can count, but I think this one went the smoothest of all of them.  I received the info I needed earlier than usual, had plenty of time to design and lay things out, and I felt a great sense of accomplishment when I sent it to the printer late last night.  Someone asked me how many hours I spend on one issue, and I said I don’t count, and that it would probably overwhelm me if I did.  It's a labor of love.  We'll leave it at that. 

-4-

Greetings. It is such a great feeling to walk into a room and be greeted with sheer joy.  When going over to see Carl, Jess, Vivi, Livia & Sophia, I’m often met with a huge smile and an enthusiastic “Hi Trisha!  Trisha’s here!” from Vivi.  What a wonderful greeting.  There’s so much love and excitement to see someone.  It’s remarkable to think that’s how God responds each time we spend time with Him.  Welcome!  So glad you came!  It’s wonderful to see you! I’ve missed you! I love you! 
-5-

The Better Baby Boa Carl, Jess, and I were talking about different swaddling techniques since the twins (Livia & Sophia) have done better with some methods than others.  Carl in his infinite wisdom suggested that a boa constrictor for each baby would be a good tight swaddle.  He suggested creating such a product and marketing it as “the better baby boa.”

-6-

Bathroom Humor I know it can be very scary to be stuck somewhere, but everyone present who heard this story was laughing really hard.  A family friend, a teenager who will remain nameless, couldn’t get out of the bathroom when he was a guest at someone’s apartment.  No one was home at the time, but there was no imminent danger, no serial killer on the other side of the door, no raging fire…however, this individual concluded in a very short period of time that this was the unfortunate end of his life.  All of the events of his rather brief existence went through his mind, and he accepted the inevitable (in his mind): death.  Next, he decided he was going to survive the harrowing experience and that he would fight to live.  He found a nail clipper and pulled out the pointy file part of it, and inserted it in the lock.  He pushed really hard only to discover that he was able to open the door.  He spent 30 minutes panicking, thinking his life was over, then switching into survival mode in a bathroom he wasn’t really stuck in after all.      
-7-

I am here. We heard a great story this evening from Deacon David Nemetz at the Ultreya.  He told us about how the new priest who began St. Michael’s had called and left messages on he and his wife’s answering machine about starting a new parish.  Part of what the priest said was: “I am here…” then he introduced himself and explained that he would like them to help him in starting this new church in the area.  David talked about how he came back to the church and this priest eventually suggested that he look into becoming a deacon.  A series of unexpected events led to their middle daughter having a child at a young age.  When the child, who is now a few years old, burst into their house and ran into the room, she announced, “I am here!”  She knew that at her grandparents, she was somewhere she was loved, was safe, was welcomed with open arms.  He ended by reminding us that “God is here.” 
 Head over to Conversion Diary, to read Jen Fulwiler's wonderful tradition of 7 Quick Takes Friday.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...