Friday, August 31, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday (Vol. 65)

-1-
Back to the Beach Kevin and I have had a great deal of fun playing badminton on the beach behind the cottage.  I’m fairly certain anyone who has watched us play our version of the game—no net, no boundaries, no rules, just keep the birdie in the air at all costs—has been entertained.  It’s gotten us laughing out loud.  That’s for certain! 
-2-
Living on the Lake Again this year, I occasionally had moments of “whoa, I never would have thought it would be like this!” as Kevin and I have spent time at his family’s cottage where we first met and became friends when I was still in high school sixteen years ago. 
 
-3-
Kickin’ it at the Cottage It’s definitely nostalgic being back here on the lake in Rochester, spending time where my husband and I first met and got to know each other.  Now that my mom’s selling her house, it feels even more like this is the one home base I have left to come and spend time with family, rest, relax, catch up, read a good book, share a meal, hear a story, and just be myself. 
-4-
Remember when… we found out our grandmothers used to play cards together…all Kevin and I wanted was to spend time together…we stayed up all night talking then watched the sunrise…we played endless card games…I helped Kevin wash his car and let him try and pull me up on water skis…we sat for hours on “our block” at the pier talking and getting pictures of the sunset…we rode bikes to Charlotte Beach for the Wednesday night concert…Kevin threw me over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes in order to carry me out to the boat… 
-5-
Not in a million years would I have believed that Kevin would return to the Catholic faith in which he was raised and someday even enjoy going to daily Mass with me.  When we met, he wanted nothing to do with organized religion and was still bitter that his mother had made him go to Mass on Sundays.  His complete conversion is proof NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD!      
 
-6-
Sunday Traditions We spent another family fun Sunday with Kevin’s three sisters, their husbands, and family.  Dinner preparation starts earlier now that playing dominoes for hours has become a favorite pastime.  When we arrived at the cottage, they’d posted the score sheet from the weekend before we arrived, because it was the first time Kevin’s oldest sister Deb had ever won at the intense game of Mexican train dominoes held down at the lake.
 
-7-
Summer’s Over or so it seems since we’ll be heading home tomorrow from our last vacation this year.  It’s hard to believe that these three months are already gone.  Kevin has to work on Labor Day, and I start my new nannying schedule on Tuesday.  We’ll be praying that everyone has safe travels and a blessed school year!
 
Head over to Conversion Diary, to read Jen Fulwiler's wonderful tradition of 7 Quick Takes Friday.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...