Friday, September 28, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday (Vol. 69)

-1-
Religious Freedom at Risk:
We Must Obey God Rather Than Men!
The future of religious freedom in America is at risk!
Join us for 72 hours of prayer and arrests at The White House

-2-

We’re on a roll! It’s quite amusing to watch the twins for whom I nanny interact on the blanket on the floor.  Even if they’re on opposite ends of the blanket, they always gravitate towards each other, flailing their little hands and feet in the process.  Their antics are quite hilarious.  (No one was mortally or morally wounded in the shooting of these photos.) 

 


-3-
Cute as Can Be Big Sis One melt-your-heart precious moments this week, Vivi saw Livi sleeping on the floor uncovered, so she went over and put a blanket over her legs.  I responded with the appropriate “Awww, that was so sweet!” in hopes to encourage this sort of compassion and sisterly concern. 

-4-

Play It Again, Sam  Thankfully, the girls’ parents and I are on the same wavelength when it comes to what I call “noisy toys.”  Some of them are actually nice to listen to (for less than an hour at a time), and others are pretty much grating after the second verse or stanza of the song.  When I told Jess that I’d put Vivi’s keyboard up when she wouldn’t stop standing on it and I’d told her it would break.  Jess said Carl would just as soon it did break.  Jess reminded me that I’m free to hide any toys I can’t stand hearing ad infinitum or remove the batteries.  I have reserved this right for quite some time as I discovered years ago that there are some toys that are sufficiently unsettling enough to jeopardize an adult’s sanity when two young children have access to them for 8+ hours at a time.  In case you might have missed it, books have always been my favorite go-to for me and for the children in my life.

-5-

No Arms, No Legs, No Worries?  I'm currently reading inspirational speaker Nick Vujicic’s first book Life Without Limits. I’m absolutely amazed by his attitude of gratitude, faith, compassion, love, joy, and spirit. The first book of his which I'm still reading and his many Youtube videos have deeply touched my heart and soul.  I’m really looking forward to reading his second book which is coming out in late October!
  
-6-

The Butterfly Circus I’and really loved this short film he was in along with the lead actor Eduardo Verastegui, whom you might recognize from the remarkable movie Bella.


-7-

The Lord of all Dance I pray that You will draw my loved one who had a successful foot surgery (they fixed the problem and discovered it wasn’t a tumor like they originally thought) ever nearer to You in all areas of life.  Please give Your beloved child the wisdom to listen to You, the Divine Physician as well as her medical doctor so that her healing will happen quickly and without complications.     

Head over to Conversion Diary, to read Jen Fulwiler's wonderful tradition of 7 Quick Takes Friday.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...