Friday, November 16, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday (Vol. 76)


-1-
What’s a Woman Worth? It depends on whom you ask, when, where, and how what answer you will get to that question.  There are so many people and things vying for women’s attention, evaluating their worth, and holding up what society says should be their ideal, it’s easy to get lost, hurt, and confused.  What’s difficult is seeking God’s view of who you are, actually accepting it, and then putting that above anyone else’s, including your own, your family members, your friends…  At least that’s what I’ve found to be among the greatest challenges of being a real W-O-M-A-N of faith.  
     Wrapped Up: God’s Ten Gifts for Women describes the blessings that women are and possess because we are created in the image and likeness of God; we’re daughters of the King.  Two faith-filled women approach this topic to unwrap the innate beauty and uniqueness of feminine genius as it’s revealed to us through Scripture and most often profaned by the mainstream media…For more info and to read full book review, click here.

-2-

Dr. Seuss Rocks Our Socks So I must say it is quite adorable to hear Vivi "reading" some of our favorite Dr. Seuss books aloud. The two she's focused on during our days together this week are two classics: "Green Eggs and Ham" and "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish" which she refers to as 'Blue Fish, Blue Fish.' Close enough and super cute!               

-3-

Cause That’s the Way We Like It! One of the things that I really enjoy about nannying is that the kids know that they’re welcome to have some of whatever I bring to drink or eat (provided it’s not soda.)  Vivi is totally comfortable coming up to me while I’m eating and grabbing something from my plate since she knows I’m more than happy to share.  I’ve gotten her to start asking just so she knows that “what’s mine is yours” policy doesn’t always work with everybody all of the time.

-4-

Taking Time for Prayer "A Christian is only productive when united with Christ." -Kay Mundy I took extra time for personal prayer Wednesday.  Kevin and I went to Mass which, as usual, made me that much more aware of how desperately I need God and have to do better about putting Him first if I'm going to be a more useful vessel for Him to work in and through.

-5-

Night-Night, Sleep tight! Kevin and I finally got a new mattress to replace our 20+ year old one.  We also got a mattress topper that fits our queen-sized bed.  We’ve been too tired to take the plastic off of everything and cover it twice, then remake the bed, but hopefully this weekend, we’ll have both the time and energy to put our new sleep system into place.  If you try calling and neither of us answer, we might be passed out on our new bed.   

-6-

High Marks for Hospitality Kevin and I had a really nice dinner over at Mary and Jordan's last Saturday night. Mom, her younger brother Rob, and his wife Dianne all gathered around the new fire pit in their backyard for an evening of delicious food and conversation. Jordan even brought his guitar out and played for us. I hope, one day, Kevin and I will be in a position where our place and lives allow us to have people over more often, make them feel comfortable and loved by sharing a meal and some quality time.  At present, we generally have one person over at a time for dinner and hanging out.  My mom, Holly, Michele, and John have all said they enjoyed coming over (one at a time).  Perhaps we’ll be a little closer to having people over when at least half of our dining room table is cleared off instead of looking like this (as it did until earlier this week).

-7-

YA Fiction for Fun This past week I’ve read four YA novels to spark my creative writing ideas as I’m revisiting the YA novel I’ve been working on over the past eight or so years.  (It’s also nice to read some books I don’t have to write reviews of unless I feel inclined to do so.) I feel another wave of seriously concentrating on the YA manuscript coming over me.  Perhaps this time the end result will be a manuscript fit to submit with a book proposal to the proper publisher.  God only knows.  Your prayers are always appreciated!    

Head over to Conversion Diary, to read Jen Fulwiler's wonderful tradition of 7 Quick Takes Friday.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...