Monday, March 29, 2010

I Am a Voice: Chaplet of Divine Mercy

I can still remember the very clearly the first time I heard this beautiful song version of the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. A friend invited me to come to her Cursillo group reunion. That particular Saturday morning, this group of women joined in the chapel at our home parish and were going to pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. I had never heard the sung version of this prayer before and was so moved by the CD music and the beautiful voices of the women around me that I was brought to tears.
 
 I had been praying the Rosary for years, but singing this prayer said on Rosary beads and contemplating Christ’s passion moved me very deeply. I love to sing and have often found music resonates with me. Sometimes I find myself praying the lyrics to songs that have touched me. Recently I’ve begun saying the words from the Chaplet: “Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and the Blood, Soul, and Divinity of Your dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world” each time while the priest is doing the Consecration at Mass.
   
The Chaplet of Divine Mercy is such a powerful prayer, and singing it gives the meditation a whole other dimension. The second time I sang and prayed this version of the Chaplet in a group was with a first year Confirmation class. One of the catechists put together an amazing PowerPoint presentation to help us meditate on Christ’s passion while listening and singing to the CD. The reaction of a roomful of teenagers was remarkable. They were very moved and kept talking about what an impression it made on them for weeks after that session.
   
I can’t think of a more perfect gift than this CD to give someone to celebrate the little-known Divine Mercy Sunday which in 2010 falls on April 11.
You can purchase this CD here.
 
I wrote this review of I Am A Voice: Chaplet of Divine Mercy for the Tiber River Blogger Review program.  Tiber River is the first Catholic book review site, started in 2000 to help you make informed decisions about Catholic book purchases.  I receive free product samples as compensation for writing reviews for Tiber River.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...