Friday, July 20, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday (Vol. 59)

-1-
What do you want of me? This past Monday, amazing playwright, actress, director Michele Morris performed her own original play about Saint Teresa of Avila called "Teresita."  It was a rip-roaring success on all accounts!  I will be writing a review and posting it soon and very soon.  In the meantime, for more information, to book a performance at your church, school, or community center, click here.

-2-
Out of Africa, Burkina Faso My youngest sister Theresa is currently in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, West Africa for a dance festival.  Here’s the awesome promo video for the Ouagadougou Dance and Drum study abroad program to Burkina Faso, West Africa through The Department of Dance at The Ohio State University and the Baker and Tarpaga Dance Project:

     This video was made before Theresa went, but I really hope I’ll get to see some of what she learned when she gets back whether it's in person or over Youtube.  I would absolutely love to have such an amazing opportunity as to travel to Africa to learn from them about their music and dance.  What passion and power! 
     Please join me in praying that Theresa and her friends will remain healthy and draw closer to the Lord of all Dance during their time in Africa.

-3-

Beatles’ Musical Review This week I’ve been the assistant for Freestyle Dance and Performance Camp.  I’ve had seven certain Beatles’ songs stuck in my head that we’ve listened to over and over.  We’ve had fun singing, dancing, working on choreography, play acting with props, and preparing for our show for the school Friday morning.  We had a terrific dress rehearsal Thursday, so I just know it’s going to be a memorable performance!

-4-

Back to the office This past Thursday was the last day of Jess’s maternity leave.  Today she goes back to the office.  Please pray for Jess and their family as she makes this transition back into the business world while continuing her fulltime/lifelong vocations as wife and mother.       

-5-

Kevin’s birthday We celebrated by incorporating some of my husband’s favorite things into the evening.  I went and got the motorcycle pants he’d ordered from the Honda House, then I picked him up from work since his car’s AC doesn’t work well, and there was a heat index of 110.  We went to Mass, had a yummy dinner at Famous Dave’s, and got to sing Happy Birthday three times.  The third time was for Kevin.  Apparently it’s a popular place to celebrate.  Later we played some dominoes and Kevin looked at the many Facebook messages left by family and friends. (This is noteworthy since my hubby signs onto FB about once a year.) 

-6-

Pimp My Ride Back in September 2006, Kevin made his Cursillo weekend with a gentleman named Ed Lambert who was in his 80s at the time.  Everyone went into hysterics when Ed was overheard telling a story he’d watched on the popular TV show Pimp My Ride.  At the age of 91, Ed went home to the Lord this week.  Pray for the peaceful repose of his soul and for the many loved ones he left behind, especially Brady and Clay.  

-7-

I just called to say… I’m thinking of you.  I love you.  I miss you.  These are all nice things to hear.  This week John, our beloved brother in Christ, called from Europe to see how we are doing and give us an update on his travels.  Kevin and I both mentioned how great it was to hear his voice and touch base even if only for a little while.  One afternoon this week, my dear friend/sister in Christ Laura called just to see how things were going.  It made such a difference in my day that she took the time to reach out and cared enough to call.  Lord, please help us be open to the seemingly little ways that we can show others love, compassion, and affection, because through them we do, indeed, glorify You.

Head over to Conversion Diary, to read Jen Fulwiler's wonderful tradition of 7 Quick Takes Friday.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...