Monday, December 10, 2012

Magnificat Year of Faith Companion


     I have been a fan of the Magnificat publications for many years.  I have found the monthly magazine a wonderful guide to Catholic prayer that gives the feel of the Liturgy of the Hours without its complexity or multiple volumes. 
     The Magnificat monthly magazines were absolutely indispensable for me when I was studying abroad in France, because I was able to follow along with the readings at Mass, had the words in front of me to the prayers I knew only in English before then.  I am certain using the Magnificat in French dramatically improved my appreciation for the language as well as the nuances and multiple translations of prayers that are possible. 
     I knew I would like the Magnificat Year of Faith Companion, but knowing that the regular monthly publication already contains a number of prayers, the daily Mass readings, reflections on the readings and information about the saints, I wondered what this magazine would add to the mix.  I am pleased to report that this book is indeed a beautiful way to “rediscover the joy of believing” as Pope Benedict XVI put it. 
     Scripture reflection, prayers, meditations, original poetry, essays on the faith, devotions, and explanations of the Catechism are what you will find in this daily boost for your faith.  Each day there’s something different to ponder, and perhaps share with others.  The variety of writers and myriad of genre included guarantee a blend of insights, outlooks, and perspectives that will deepen your understanding of the faith and richly enhance your prayer time.         
     I wrote this review of for the Magnificat Year of Faith Companion as part of the free Catholic book review program.
     Tiber River is the first Catholic book review site, started in 2000 to help you make informed decisions about Catholic book purchases.  I receive free product samples as compensation for writing reviews for Tiber River.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...