Friday, December 14, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday (Vol. 80)


-1-
Post –abortion Healing Retreat Please join me in praying for all of the participants of the Rachel’s Vineyard post-abortion healing retreat that is taking place this weekend from Friday through Sunday at Shalom House.  Kay Marie, a dear friend who has headed up this ministry in our area with her husband Joe for many years, will be doing her first retreat since he passed away. 

-2-
Blessed Woman, Peaceful Dove Kevin and I enjoyed Mass at St. Michael's in celebration of the feast day of our country's patron: Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception. Afterwards the two of us did a Rosary walk. Still brings a huge smile to my face thinking of how far Kevin and I have come in our faith and conversion since we first became friends 16 years ago. Thank You Lord Jesus Christ for Your love and the Blessed Mother for always bringing us closer to Your Son! 
           
-3-
What’s so special about Mary?  This seems a fitting question at Christmastime, especially with the Feast of the Immaculate Conception (Dec. 8) and the Feast of Our Lady of Guadelupe (Dec. 12).  Busted Halo does a great explanation in this video and you can read my own reflection on her importance here.

-4-
Great God-Incidents  On Wednesday, I just made it to Mass on time at St. Benedict's.  Kevin wasn't feeling well, so he had gone home after work.  My friend Michele slid in next to me.  I haven't seen her much lately, so it was great to celebrate Mass on a special feast day, then have a chance to catch up with her in the parking lot afterwards.  As usual. she had a funny story for me.  Something that's common among my favorite people to spend time with: they are great at making me laugh!
  

-5-
The Death of a Bishop "Praying for the repose of the soul of Bishop Walter Sullivan who has passed into eternal life. May God's angels welcome him and eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. A great leader, ecumenist, and reconciler. Rest in peace and rise in Glory!" -Jan Fuller former Hollins Chaplain on the death of the former Roman Catholic Bishop of the Diocese of Richmond who passed away last Tuesday. 
For more information as well as the funeral arrangements and services, please see the diocesan website.

-6-
Back from the Outback! My mom made it home safely last Friday from her two weeks in Australia.  She came over to dinner to tell us about her trip and showed us tons of gorgeous photos.  I know my grandma’s happy to have my mom back to visit her daily.  We’re also kind of glad that she’s over the need-to-travel-the-world kick at least for a little while after her most recent escapades.   
-7-
A Spectacular New Book Series Kevin this evening: "I've never seen you this excited about a book or series...ever!" I just finished reading the first four books in a remarkable series you won't want to miss!  I'll be writing more on my blog and posting reviews of each individual book, but here's the website so you can check it out ASAP!  


Head over to Conversion Diary, to read Jen Fulwiler's wonderful tradition of 7 Quick Takes Friday.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...