Tuesday, March 17, 2015

St. Patrick's Day Celebrations, Prayers, and Memories

Michele Morris gave me the hat I'm wearing in the opposite photo before she entered Carmel. She wasn't handing it over as a sign that she was giving up her sense of humor or enjoyment of the dramatic.  Fortunately, both are still intact.  

She bequeathed it to me, because I'd included a similar-looking one in a photo collage I once made her in honor of her initial visit to see the Carmelite Sisters by the Sea.  (I'll post the What Not to Wear Religious Vocation special edition I made for her another day).  

He's All Mine!

"The top o'the hill to ya!" Kevin said.  "Isn't that what the Irish say in the morning?"
"Um, you mean top o' the morning to ya?" I said.
"Oh, yeah." 

Kevin prepared a nice home-cooked dinner one St. Patrick’s day.  He brought my plate out to the table then quickly took it back into the kitchen. 
“What are you doing?” I asked.
“You’ll see.”  He soon came back and set the meat in front of me proudly: “It's corned beef!” He had put one kernel of corn on top of my steak.  Yup, that’s my husband!

Two Popular Posts on St. Patrick and Ireland:

St. Patrick's Breastplate Prayer the popular prayer in its entirety

Our Pilgrimage to Ireland some stories from when my mom, sisters, and I made a pilgrimage to Our Lady Queen of Peace House of Prayer

A Wee Bit of Singing and Dancing (My Nanny Diary)


When I was taking care of “my two little guys,” I’d often play the Water from the Well CD by The Chieftains. We’d sing and dance around the kitchen to the lively music at a particular wee one’s house (who actually had red hair as a little lad).  

This morning, I was trying to think of the name of the group and could not for the life of me remember it.  Fortunately, Kevin did.  Here is the most fitting song from that album for my man of many talents (and tools):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...