Monday, April 6, 2015

Who me?! Yes, you. Couldn’t be. Not True!

It’s always been hard for me to believe that I may be who and where God wants me to be for now.  No one else seems to accept and be content with who I am, often including me.

At least I’ve stopped trying to convince God I don’t deserve His mercy, love, compassion, or grace.  He knows that better than anyone, yet He’s stubborn enough to love me anyway.  I try and do my best to accept His gifts on a deeper level, perchance to be a vessel for those blessings to reach others.
        

Two songs by one of my favorite music missionaries, Danielle Rose, have really got me thinking, praying, pondering, and, at times, even tearing up to think that I'm not supposed to be like somebody else.  I'm called to be the best version of myself, and you're called to be the best version of yourself.  


Do you ever struggle with feeling like you don't measure up?  Do you know of someone who feels like no matter what they do, it's never enough?  If so, I highly recommend listening to and downloading these two songs until they sink in, and then play them over again "The Saint that Is Just Me" and "You Matter," both are from her most recent album: Culture of Life.

Questions to Ponder: Have you ever asked God to show you how He sees you?  Would you consider bringing that question to God in prayer?  

I was shocked by what He showed me and very hesitant to believe it until he gave me uncanny concrete proof the message was from Him, not simply something conjured up by my own imagination and wishful thinking.  (I still have the uncanny concrete proof.  It's now framed and hanging in our place where I can see it every day as a reminder.)  

My Prayer: Dear Lord, please bless me on my spiritual journey.  Help me open up my heart so that the Holy Spirit is able to move freely in and through me to bring others closer to You.  Sanctify my mind, body, and spirit, so I am a strong, holy vessel for Your word, love, and Truth.  Give me peace that passes all understanding, a sense of deep, unquenchable joy, and a profound trust in You.  Guide me to choose Your will in all areas of my life.  Show me how precious I am to you, and grant me the ability to see myself and others through Your loving eyes.  Amen. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...