Sunday, October 16, 2016

September 2016 Chaos Carries into October and a Silent Retreat Scheduled This Week Lends Much-Needed Relaxation and Rest

Our lives in the past few months, have been way too much like a soap opera/HBO movie special, or an episode of the Twilight Zone (not Twilight with vampires and sparkles, but this series of TV shows).  We've managed to survive a ridiculous number of crises, some medical emergency firsts, trouble with the neighbors that involved suspected prostitution happening in the apartment sharing a wall with ours, and the usual family conflicts, emotional upheaval, and health issues that typically plague the Potter household.

It will take me most of the next week to process all that has happened, much less start to write about all that has occurred.  Suffice it to say that Kevin and I have prevailed through some harrowing times and, as always would greatly appreciate your additional prayer cover for each of us, our marriage, our family and loved ones.

God in His infinite Wisdom inspired me to sign up for a silent retreat several months ago.  I had no idea how desperately I would need it by this time in mid-October.  It begins this evening Sunday, October 16, at 5:30pm and will go through to this Friday, October 21.

Please pray for me and all of the participants on the retreat.  E-mail me or text any specific prayer requests you have.  I'm not sure how often I will have my phone on, if at all, while I am there, but if/when I do check it, I'll look for prayer intentions.  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...