Saturday, October 1, 2016

Unusual Developments, the Plight of the Potters, or What Contest in Hell Did My Husband Win to End up with Me?

This photo was taken by Michele after Laura and some other willing friends helped me figure out what clothes, make-up, hairstyle, and jewelry I should wear to Mass in celebration of renewing our marriage vows on our 12 year anniversary.  Kevin's response to seeing me all dressed up can be seen in the 2nd and 3rd frames.  After that, and not pictured here was his whining, sighing, huffing, and puffing that if I looked like that he'd have to wear a suit.  I love my husband, but there be days when that man drives me up the wall, and I don't mean that in a sexy way.

Our (Mostly) Impromtu Dress-up, Make-up, Jewelry, and Glamour Shots Session at the Stapletons

The above photos were taken by Michele Morris after Laura Stapleton and some other willing friends helped me figure out clothes, make-up, hairstyle, and jewelry I would wear to Mass in celebration of renewing our marriage vows on our 12 year anniversary.  

A dinner party at Laura and Jeff's house turned into a rehearsal dinner and bridal party of sorts.  The women all helped get me dressed up, made-up, and looking presentable while Kevin and Jeff hung out listening to music in the "man cave."  

Everyone had fun, and Kevin was happily surprised with the end result of what Michele called a session dressing up "Catholic Barbie."  I, personally think Catholic Barbie should actually be a wife and a mom, maybe not have such glaring blue bags under her eyes or unattractive varicose veins at the age of 35, but at least I'm a little closer to normal size and more anatomically correct than the plastic version made by Mattel.  



CRAZY COMES HOME AND HAS NOT YET LEFT THE BUILDING!

September has been absolutely, positively insane for Kevin, me, and the residents of the apartment building we have lived in for the past 12 years (as of today).  Until last week, we've talked about moving somewhere else, but we haven't really researched it.  Nine 911 calls in one week from our building, and suddenly, I'm ready to get out of here right quick!

The offending parties next door have been evicted, thanks be to God and some really caring building owners who knew I could not handle the circus next door after I'd just had surgery, was moving significantly slower than usual, and was desperately in need of some peace and quiet.  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...