Thursday, December 28, 2023

Christmas Celebrations Continue

I've thoroughly enjoyed having Christmas celebrations continue though December 25 has passed.  The memes I've seen inviting people to come join the Catholics in our observance of Christmas are great.  Here's one of them:  

Contrary to popular and secular belief, the Christmas season begins on December 25 and lasts (at least) until the Feast of the Epiphany on January 6.  Are you feeling down now that your company has left and your calendar full of upcoming festivities is empty?  Cheer up!  We've got you!

The daily Mass readings are good reminders that we are meant to keep contemplating the Nativity this week into the next.  My husband and I are still watching our growing list of favorite Christmas movies, and we're listening to our top three Christmas albums: Charlie Brown, Amy Grant, and Chicago.  In fact, they're playing as I type.  We are still munching on Christmas cookies and holiday treats.
 

The Advantage of Advent 


Advent is the beginning of the liturgical year and is meant to give people time to prepare for the Incarnation.  I have been reading four different books this Advent that have gotten me into the Christmas spirit.   The first of them is called: Messages of Patience for Advent and Christmas 2023.  The next one is titled: Draw Near.  The other two are guided journals which I have written in each day of Advent and into the Christmas season.  Adore by Fr. John Burns and Prepare Your Heart by Fr. Agustino Torres, CFR are the names of the other two treasures by Ave Maria Press. I recommend all four of them.   

Although we only had four presents under our Christmas tree at home this year, Kevin spread out opening them, so they lasted even longer.  I'm happy to say that he loves everything he received!  My favorite gift for him is a memoir by the lead singer of one of his favorite bands: RUSH.  I find it quite helpful that he has something he wants to read since what I want to do during much of my own free time is read books.  You might not know yet that I'm a voracious reader, but you will soon if you meet me or peruse my blog. 

In case I haven't gotten to say it to you in person or you haven't heard it since December 25, continue having a very 

Merry Christmas!! 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...