Friday, August 10, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday (Vol. 62)

-1-
Three years ago this morning: my mom, sisters, husband, and brother-in-law rushed to my dad’s place in the middle of the night to say goodbye to my father, who less than a month after his 54th birthday breathed his last. Lord, thank You for Your love and perfect plan for each one of us. Help us to live each day to glorify You, bring others closer to You, and live out the love You have given us. Dad, we love you and still feel loved by you, and take great comfort knowing you are in Heaven experiencing God’s pure love.

-2-

Teresita An Original Play about St. Teresa of Avila is a lively, humorous, thought-provoking play inspired by the life of a saint who had lots of personality and a great deal of faith. This original one-act play written and performed by playwright, actress, and director Michele Morris is one you won’t want to miss!  Read a review and get more info here.

-3-
My Little Guys are Growing up! I saw some pictures of Hank at his sleep away camp, and still cannot get over that the two little boys I nannied for starting one week after Kevin and I got married eight years ago are old enough to go to camp.  It seems like it couldn’t possibly be that long ago that I was balancing bottles, juggling snacks, and chasing Hank and JG around.  They taught me many things, and they’ll always have a special place in my heart.   
-4-
 “What do You want of me?” is a powerful refrain in a poem by St. Teresa of Avila (which Michele Morris includes in the program for “Teresita”) has given me a lot to think and pray about.  I’m sure some news that we’ve gotten from family and friends who are moving on to new and exciting stages in life, the anniversary of my father’s passing, and the death of a friend’s mother have all gotten me thinking and wondering about what God wants of Kevin and me.  What are we here for in the grand scheme of things?  I know ultimately we’re here to love and serve the Lord and bring others closer to Him, but the specifics of that and whether or not we’re doing that effectively has been making me wonder.  So I guess Kevin and I are asking the same question, “what do you want of us, Lord?” 
 
-5-
The French Would Be Horrified! This week as part of Trip to France Camp at school, we tasted a variety of French foods.  Of course, we had to sample at least a couple of the cheeses for which the French are famous.  For the third year in a row, the kids all preferred Gruyere to Brie, but the real kicker is that they all were eager to have string cheese sticks as well on one of the day when superior dairy products were offered.   
-6-
What did you just say?! Kids often crack me up with the things they say, not even intending to be funny or ironic.  One of my favorites this week was when a four year old was making a keychain with wooden beads and came across one that had a hole that didn’t go all the way through, and he makes some comment to me about how it must have been an error the “manufacturer” made.  Flabbergasted he knew this word and used it correctly, I agreed wholeheartedly that was likely indeed the case. 
-7-
God’s got it!  In wondering what the Lord has in store for us lately, sometimes I’ve felt a bit down.   A number of things that have happened today have reminded me that the Lord is indeed aware of our prayers, loves us dearly, and has a plan for our lives even when we can’t for the life of us figure out what it is.  Time with kids, a yummy lunch provided by a co-worker, prayer time, an conversation with our favorite brother in Christ John as he was leaving Little Sisters of the Poor after Mass and prayer time and as I was going in to visit my grandma.  God is good all the time!  All the time God is good!
Head over to Conversion Diary, to read Jen Fulwiler's wonderful tradition of 7 Quick Takes Friday.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...