Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Christmas Merry-Making Mishaps Series #5 Giving Gifts

One of the most hilarious gifts I’ve ever received (that wasn’t meant to be a joke) appeared neatly wrapped underneath the tree.  After hearing me remark how cute a matching magenta sweatshirt and sweatpants with Tweety on them looked on my youngest sister (who at the time was 6), my dad purchased one for me.  

I have no idea why he took my compliment to mean that at the sensitive age of 17 I would also be interested in sporting such attire.  I'm certainly no fashionista, but I'm fairly certain I stopped wearing cartoon-clad gear outside of the house by middle school.  

A friend and I couldn’t resist trying this cute-for-a-first-grader-but-not-for-a-teenager gift that got exchanged at the store faster than a certain wittle tiny bird could say “I tawt I taw a putty tat.”

I've tried to locate the photos with the intention of posting one while covering up said friend's face to save her from any embarrassment, but I can't find them in with the other Christmas pictures I took with my camera that particular year.  

Don't worry, yours isn't the only family who didn't have anything close to a Hallmark holiday Christmas Merry-Making Mishaps Series #1 Caroling#2 Decorating Cookies #3 Trees #4 Nativity Set holiday.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...