Tuesday, November 15, 2016

21 Days of Thankfulness: My Photographic Attitude of Gratitude Project (Day 12) Diaries and Journals



DAY 12: Diaries and Journals

I have a penchant for paper.  I have had several diaries and journals over the years which I have filled with all sorts of writing.  Over time, I trained myself to write without editing, especially when I'm trying to process something major that has happened to me, a big decision I'm making, or a significant matter I'm discerning through prayer and writing.  

Sometimes, it's scary for me to write so freely when I'm worried what might surface if I keep the pen moving or my fingers typing.  Occasionally, I turn to a type of art project, photography, or another creative medium that doesn't feel quite as dangerous to me in order to express myself and work through my thoughts and emotions.  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...