Saturday, November 19, 2016

21 Days of Thankfulness: My Photographic Attitude of Gratitude Project (Day 16) Parks as Recreation

Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens has been a destination for
some fun photo shoots, a photography class trip, a birthday afternoon
stroll, and a place where young children can explore.
 

DAY 16: RVA Parks as Recreation

For many years my family and I have enjoyed the beauty and variety of the parks in our area. Some are great for their hiking trails, playgrounds, nature centers, and others are best known for the amazing gardens, friendly butterflies, and water play areas.  

I love that we never have to go too far to find a park.  There are many around, each with their own personality.  Deep Run Park has been a staple in our lives for many years.  I remember when we'd take my youngest sister Theresa there to play on the playground.  In more recent years, I've taken "my two little guys" and the oldest of the three silly sisters for whom I nannied to run around there.  One year, I asked that everyone meet at Deep Run for a picnic on my birthday.  It was the first time I got to introduce the three silly sisters to our nephew.  All of us had fun!


Deep Run Park is one my family has been going
to ever since the first time we moved to Virginia
in the early nineties.  

Three Lakes Park is one that my sister and nephew introduced
me to that I've returned to a number of times.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...