Monday, June 19, 2017

Summer Camps Start Today

It's rather hard to believe that today is the beginning of summer camps at school.  This is the seventh summer I've worked at RMS camps.  I have a bright array of t-shirts to prove my presence.  I've had the privilege of serving as lead teacher for a number of camps over the years.  I had the most fun incorporating some of my favorite things: a love of nature, photography, writing, reading, scrapbooking as well as singing and dancing.

Because I was still recovering from surgery this past January when they needed to know who wanted to teach what camps, I'm only a lead teacher for one camp later in the summer.  It's been fun thinking of all the places we could go as part of my elementary age Discover Richmond Camp.  Mostly, I'll be working in Montessori Enrichment this summer.  I'll be the assistant for some camps.  I've come up with some themes we can use for the 3-6pm crowd.

This past weekend, I attended another Appelbaum Training as part of my ongoing professional development.  The theme was Building Bridges to the Future and our trainer was April Vernon.  I won a new CD for helping pass out papers.  I think Gobs of Fun will likely have some good songs to sing and dance to with the kids.
Claire and I at the Appelbaum Training in Richmond on June 17, 2017
It's time to slather on the sunscreen and head out.  Hope you have a great summer!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...