Saturday, February 18, 2012

Whose Requests Are Pending?

     Is it a more a sign of the times or willful defiance that makes me not feel too disturbed by the fact that I have seven pending requests God wants me to know?  Maybe both, or perhaps it’s because the messenger in this case is merely an application on Facebook telling me there are seven things God has been trying to tell me between January 31 and today. 
     Quite honestly, I’m sure there have been a whole lot more than just seven things He’s been trying to get through to me in the past nineteen days.  Fortunately, I do unplug from the computer, TV, my phone, etc. to tune in to God’s will during the day, so He’s reached me through a number of other methods.    
     Lent is just around the corner.  I’ve begun asking the Lord in my quiet prayer time how He would like me to observe this holy time of preparation and transformation leading up to Holy Week and Easter.  I’m still listening and waiting for specifics.  
     Recently I’ve been inspired to do Morning and Evening prayer in addition to attending daily Mass.  All three have been very powerful ways and times during which the Lord has spoken to me and/or helped me understand an aspect of Scripture in a new way.  My husband and I have also been praying the Rosary, especially as we are lifting up the participants of the Men’s Cursillo weekend going on right now. 
     I can't even tell you how many times the Lord speaks through my husband.  Sometimes, I'm more open to that messenger than others. :) I’m clearly feeling a nudge to spend more time in Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament.  This evening Kevin assured me that he's not giving daily Mass up for Lent, which is indeed some great news!

Questions for reflection:

     When was the last time you spent some unplugged quiet time alone with God? 

     What methods has the Lord used to speak to you or through you in the past month?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...