Wednesday, November 9, 2016

21 Days of Thankfulness: My Photographic Attitude of Gratitude Project (Day 6) My Best Friend, Then Boyfriend, Now Husband, Kevin Potter

This photo was taken by my honorary Matron of Honor
Laura Stapleton after Kevin and I  renewed our marriage vows
at 5:00 pm Mass on September 4, 2016,
at St. Michael the Archangel Church.

DAY 6: My Best Friend, Then Boyfriend, Now Husband, Kevin Potter


Kevin and I first met when I was just sweet sixteen.  My mom rented the other side of the cottage he and the real Harry Potter lived in, so we could spend a week on Lake Ontario.  Our lives were never the same.  Kevin became friends with my mom, sisters, and me.  None of us realized our lives would never be the same.  
 
This is one of the earliest photos I have of Kevin
taken just days after we'd first met him.
Kevin has been to all three of my graduations: high school,
undergraduate, and graduate.  This was taken at the 3rd in the trilogy.




My biker babe looking pretty bad-ass on his 1987
white Honda Interceptor.

I'm hardly the adventuresome type, but riding a motorcycle
isn't the only wild and crazy thing I've done under his influence.
The first of these incidents occurred before we began dating
when I volunteered to try water-skiing while Kevin drove the boat.  Oh, and I also moved his car a couple times.


Future's so bright he's gotta wear shades.  Kevin tends to
be happiest when we're back in his hometown of Rochester, NY.
I took this photo of him on one of our many trips to Ontario
Beach Park, where we spent a great deal of time when
we were just becoming friends and dating. 
Kevin and I had way too much fun one
Halloween dressing up as Men in Black
characters.  He even went so far as to
spray paint a water gun for a prop.
One of the things I love about Kevin is that he takes great
joy in spending time with cute little ones, particularly those
with whom he has had to share me for a number of years.
Here Kevin's holding our Goddaughters, the twins,
the two youngest of the three silly sisters for whom I nannied.
Whenever he arrives, they shout: "IT'S KEVIN!" 
Kevin has been tremendously supportive of my writing and
photography endeavors. We look pretty cute together, huh?
 
Kevin rejoicing over birthday decorations this summer on
his birthday last July.  His sister's comment about the
"birthday boobs" colored everything.

Kevin was not pleased to find out that I would be getting dressed
up to renew wedding vows in celebration of our 12th anniversary
because it would mean he'd have to wear a suit.  Sometimes,
I can't dress him up or take him out and others,
I can be rather persuasive.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...